Sunday, May 22, 2011

52 photos project *Ray of Light*


Although I was very excited for this week's prompt "Ray of Light", the rainy and gray weather did not cooperate with my photographic plans. Instead, I dipped into my archives for one of my favorites. This photo was taken last June, on the summer solstice. This was one of those rare perfect evenings for me, one that I'll remember forever...a walk with my girl, dreamy summer evening light, making wishes on dandelion seeds. I had just made a very difficult decision and was gathering the courage to put it into action. Watching my daughter blow on 'wishflowers', knowing I had everything I needed, gave me the push to get moving and make some changes. Now, almost a year later, I know that decision was absolutely the best one I could have made.

This girl...she is truly my 'Ray of Light'.

2 comments:

bella said...

Love this, Amy. Your baby girl is so sweet. xo

Amy said...

when is that ray of light coming to NJ to shine on me??? xo
p.s. the word verification is "brite" I love when that happens...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...