Friday, May 13, 2011

May 12 of 12 - iPhone Edition

On mornings that I don't have Riley and am working in my downtown office, I often walk to work. I was almost ready to walk into my building when my iPhone reminded me that it was the 12th. It was too late to walk back home and get my camera, so I decided to just capture the day with my iPhone instead.

The view from my downtown desk. I love being able to watch the city and see the Capitol Building when I'm working. It's especially fun on a bright, sunny day.

Ariel view of my desk, mid-project.

This was left on my desk when I stepped away for a few minutes. Still not sure who put it there, but it was a fun little surprise (I love swedish fish.)

The construction near my building. As they say, downtown SLC is rising.

I had lunch at Martine with some friends - yummy food and great company.

Since I had walked to work that morning, I walked home in the afternoon to get my car before I picked up Riley from school. I really enjoyed the warm weather, the dappled sunshine and the blossoms.
I am convinced I live in the most beautiful part of SLC.

Riley was being camera-shy at dinner. The part you can't see, because she ate them already,
is a large serving of peas. The Girl is eating her veggies! Yay!

Riley knocked herself in the eye with her doorknob, and ended up with a scrape.
It's turning black and blue today - her first black eye.
I'm sure there are more where that came from.

On an evening walk with the Girl and G. Riley is enthralled by the ants.

Lilacs are my favorite spring time flower - they remind me of my grandma.
Me and the bugness on our walk. Yeah - we look a bit alike. :)

Watching G watch the sunset. It was a beautiful evening.

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Lilacs remind me of my Grandma too. She always arranges a big vase of lilacs to put on the graves for Memorial Day. I have great memories of watching her make lilac bouquets. It's tradition I hope carries on after she passes away.

That last picture is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for our lilacs to arrive - very late this year. Gorgeous captures with your iPhone!

amy gretchen said...

i love your work view which includes your new mac too. :)

i am glad we ended the night together. i had no idea you took that photo of me. i like it.

xo

kylee said...

what a nice surprise treat! i'm not a fan of candy but if i had to pick one to eat swedish fish would definitely be on my list of considerations. love that sunset picture you took.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...