Usually, when I travel somewhere, especially somewhere new and so beautiful, I keep my camera glued to me, shooting photos of anything and everything I do, eat, see, etc.
This time around, I put my camera away quite a bit and just enjoyed myself. It was a good decision.
Instead of worrying about how I was going to capture the sand and the sea, I just reveled in how both felt against my skin.
Instead of thinking about how the dreamy sunlight would translate on my photos, I just let it warm my shoulders.
Instead of trying to document every second of every experience, I just enjoyed the experiences themselves and let the memories make their own impression on my heart.
Still, I'll share with you some of my favorites images from the limited collection I gathered.

Sunrise on the water.

Demelza and Craig - I'm so glad I was able to witness this amazing relationship. To say they were meant for each other doesn't even cover it.

The ocean as it greeted me on the first day there.

Kailua Bay at Sunrise.

I can't remember the name of this hike, but I'll never forget the beauty I found there.

At the Pearl Harbor Memorial - The U.S.S. Missouri is in the background.

Sunset over the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Plumeria blossoms - these were everywhere and they smell divine.

Where my flip-flops lived while I wrote in my journal.

First day there, happy to be on vacation in such an amazing place.

You know I love me a lighthouse, and this one was particularly gorgeous.

Standing in the Light
(this is Demelza, and this is one of my favorite photos of the whole trip.)
It was a sensational time.
I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience Hawai'i at this time, with these people, in this way.
It was just what I needed.
4 comments:
It looks heavenly. So glad you got the time you needed! xo
i can't think of anyone who deserved it more. glad you had such a perfect time at the perfect time...
Gorgeous! It looks and sounds like it was pure serenity. YAY for you! :)
Steph
xo
mmm mmmm good.
Post a Comment