Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 12of12

This month, the 12th was on a Saturday, and it just so happens that it was a day I didn't have Riley. It was raining and windy, preventing any biking as I had planned, so it was a pretty relaxed, pretty chill day. While it isn't representative of a typical day for me, it was still fun to record.

1. I took this photo as soon as I woke up. I slept in (for me) until 8:2oish and since I went to bed early, I got about 11.5 hours of sleep. SO NICE! And SO NEEDED!
2. I know it sounds gross, but i've been experimenting with eating a huge salad for breakfast to see if it affects my energy level and workouts. So far, so good. This was breakfast.
3. I spent almost the entire morning reading in bed (something I hardly ever do). I finished "Born to Run" and am working my way through "Rough Stone Rolling" (I love biographies) and re-read a couple of parts of "The Omnivore's Dilemma".
4. When I finally got out of bed, I went for a long-ish run. It felt GREAT!
5. Lunch was quesadillas, berries and tomatoes. No strategy here, just what sounded good.
6. Channeling my inner Jenica, while trying to get a self-portrait of me and my new camera.
7. 80 minute massage was on the afternoon agenda - mmmmmmm......
8. I enjoyed my pink pedicure with white and purple flowers all day long.
9. I'm attempting to grow herbs on my windowsills. This is my parsley, basil and chives planter.
10. Dinner - another big salad with chicken and whole grain bread.
11. I took a trip to REI after dinner, and kicked off my hunt for a new mountain bike. Can't wait to find the right one, so I can get on the trails.
12. Dessert - mine was a strawberry chocolate mousse that put me in a sugar hangover all day long. So yummy, but a little bit over-the-top.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I want to eat like you do. And channeling your inner Jenica... haha! I like that. :)

amy gretchen said...

11 hours...delightful.

I should really try your salad strategy. problem is I only like salads if someone else makes it.

a massage and pedicure...what a day.

lovely sp.

jenica said...

i look good on you! looks like a perfect day to me!

Anonymous said...

I love salad...so gunna try this morning thing you speak of!

Your day looks awesomely self healing. Love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...