Thursday, June 10, 2010

My little quirks

This pic has nothing to do with the post, I just like it.

One of my readers challenged me to list of ten things that make me who i am. She did this about two months ago, and i'm finally getting around to thinking them up (Sorry!). So, without further ado...

**I am not a phone person. I think the idea that you are obligated to turn your attention to a device just because it happens to ring is stupid. There are a handful of people I will talk to on the phone, but otherwise, I consider it a necessary evil, and one I deal with as little as possible. I'm much better with conversations in person, and prefer email and texts for the little day to day stuff.

**As a general rule, i do not like big crowds or loud, noisy, crazy places. I am not at all intimidated by them, I just don't like them. I've stopped apologizing for this.

**When I make a list (and I make A LOT of lists) I try not to have more than five items on it. Which means I have a lot of lists going, all at once.

**I know this is against popular opinion, but I just don't like Dave Matthews Band. I can't explain why, but I have a visceral reaction to their music - it ain't pretty.

**I honestly cannot tell you what my favorite book is or my favorite food is. I just don't know. There are way too many good ones to choose from.

**I have a great long term memory. I can still list all 50 states in alphabetical order and can recite a poem that I had to learn in 3rd grade. But I forget something every time I go to the store. Every. Single. Time. Today it was multi-vitamins.

**My favorite month is September. I do not like February. Not one little bit. Not at all.

**I love to travel alone. I even prefer it to traveling with friends or family. I find it insanely relaxing to be doing my own thing in total anonymity.

**I think that kissing is an art form and is under-appreciated and under-practiced. Give me a really good, really hot, really sensual kiss over so-so sex anyday.

**I do not like to wear socks and I only do so in extreme cases. They hurt my feet. I even wear snowboots with bare feet inside them. With the exception of working out, I can count on one hand the number of times i have worn socks in the past calendar year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey how come i never see you two anymore!!! oh and i agree with you on dave matthews band. never liked them. thanks for your help with alec's letter. we would love to see ya sometime. hope everything is going well. love ya megan

lindsey said...

love love love your list! i'm with you on talking on the phone. and kissing being an art form. enjoy your weekend.

xo

Steph said...

Seriously? No socks in snow boots? :)

me said...

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...