Thursday, June 3, 2010

I get by (with a little help from my friends).

Me, Jenica, and Amy (aka G)
The past few weeks have not been easy on me. The reasons are still too tender and raw to lay out here yet, but suffice it to say that there have been many tears, some unexpected anger and many sleepless nights.
G and Hannah
Jenica and Me
I don't have the luxury of falling apart, or even of setting a couple of days aside to wander aimlessly through the heartache, so I consider myself incredibly blessed to have a close network of friends and family I can call on for support and love.

Hannah, leaving us behind on her new adventure
These three girls are the cornerstones of this network. They are the ones I've leaned on most the past little while. They are my reality checks, the voice on the other end of the line late at night, and the ones who put their own obligations aside to help me out when the need is urgent. They are the ones who send texts at just the right moment saying just the right things, the ones who accompany me on an errand I couldn't have done without someone there with me, and the ones who show up at my house, bearing pineapple, asparagus and chocolate on an evening we all needed some togetherness.

Me and G
These photos were taken on a recent evening when we all got together to spend some quality time before one of us leaves for a new home in Austin. This was one of the most lovely days/nights of my life. These women get me. We understand each other and because we do, we feel validated, heard and loved. That love, that understanding and that sense of sisterhood has carried me since that evening. Truly, I get by with a little (or maybe a whole lot) of help from my friends.

G is for Gorgeous.

Yoga mama

Ethereal Hannah


4 comments:

Nat said...

You are beautiful. The first and last pics of you are my fave. What a fun, cute group of friends. You are so lucky...

Erin said...

so glad that you're on a vacation right now. sounds like you needed it. remember that knowing what you don't want just helps you fine-tune what it is you really do want.

we need to manifest a trip to Austin together :)

Steph said...

These are beautiful Amy.

Sending you hugs and love from afar,
Steph
xox

amy gretchen said...

i have loved being apart of your life. thank you for always being there for me and for making me believe in female friendships again.

xoxo g

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...