Monday, October 4, 2010

On this monday evening

Tonight, I am...

*feeling very grateful and very protected and very pleased with how my life feels these days.
*reviewing my photos from a photo shoot with my brother's family. Want a little sneak peek?
(I shot this in manual - I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.)
*marinating in Liz Elayne's words; here. Powerful words, powerful emotion. I'm amazed and inspired by her bravery and grace.
*cleaning up after a weekend full of out of town fun and goodness. There is so much laundry - I swear it multiplies while I am at work.
*listening to some newly added music: Jack Johnson, Sara Barielles and a new to me but older Ray LaMontagne (my love affair with his voice continues....mmmmm....).
*deciding that having Riley skip her afternoon nap might be a good thing - she's out cold by 8:30, giving me some desperately needed "me time".
*treating myself to some new books from Amazon. It's been too long since I had a "to Amy, with Love from Amy" package arrive. (what are you reading these days?)
*missing my girlfriends and my sister. Some serious girl time is needed this week. All you local girlies take note-let's ride, let's run, let's eat, let's play, let's dance! Those of you who are far away - be warned...you're next!
*Enjoying the little things that brightened up my day - a text with a video of the twinners, a sweet, slightly goofy and fully adorable message from DMV, the dessert my neighbor just dropped by for me, a phone call from this woman.
*anticipating my phone date with my friend/therapist/life coach/personal psychic/all around wonderful friend, Stormy.
*Loving life. I gotta say, it's pretty great....pretty great, indeed.

4 comments:

Casey J said...

CI want to eat/ride/dance play with you! Miss your face. Love Casey J-D

amy gretchen said...

I love Ray. love him.

I can't wait to see the rest of your photos from the shoot. love that first one.

Stormy said...

LOL! I just read this...you're hilarious. The feeling is mutual. :) And you rock to the MAX!

Alisha Stamper said...

well thanks! same to you, babe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...