Sunday, October 17, 2010

Photo Shoot: Nate, April and Emma

My sister in law, April, asked me to take their family photos, and I was happy to have a chance to practice my developing photo skills. This shoot was so much fun!
They wanted a western feel and had scoped out some awesome locations that had the kind of vibe they were looking for. The morning light was gorgeous and they were great about giving me the time I needed to really get it right in the camera.
I'm working on manual shooting, and I feel like I learned a lot from these photos. All of the photos in this post were shot on manual and are not edited, with the exception of some minor cropping. I can see a lot of improvements to be made, but I can also see the things I did right, which is exciting.

This is a super-fun family, with lots of personality, and I'm pretty happy with what I captured.
This photo of Emma makes me laugh, because she looks so calm, but everyone who knows her knows she's a wild child! She's such a beauty- I think i caught some of that here. I love this one of April - she was very willing to play with the camera and experiment a little bit. This photo reminds me so much of her - a little bit feisty, a whole lot girly, but definitely not too uptight about it. This is my favorite photo of the day, I think. It captures some of Nate's best traits- his confidence, his strength, and his ability to take care of business. I get a little bit teary-eyed when I look at this, because I'm so damn proud of him.
Thanks, guys, for a fun photo shoot! I learned a lot, and I am thrilled with some of the images that came out of it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...