Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend at home

As I was driving back to Salt Lake City today after a relaxing weekend with family, I spent some time reflecting on why it is that I always feel incredibly centered and very peaceful after time in Idaho.

It might be the traffic we encounter: Or maybe the people we spend our time with:

Or the scenery we pass by, evidence of hard work and simple existence:
It could be the way I spent my Saturday morning:
Or the way we celebrated Saturday night:


Whatever it is, I've learned not to question it. When my whole heart and soul is longing for somewhere that is comfortable, that is easy, that is gentle and that is healing...this is where I go.

This is home.

4 comments:

Camz :-) said...

I feel the same exact way when I go there! It's my way of regrouping!!

Steph said...

It looks beautiful Amy. The comfort comes through in spades through your words and images.

Steph
xox

lindsey said...

in love with that last photo (o and the bowling one, as well)!!! happy monday beautiful lady.

xo

amy gretchen said...

oh amy i love these. You can totally tell these images are coming from a place of love.

glad it was a lovely weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...