Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Only Love Remains


Only Love Remains


There are still words I wish we could say

Confessions to whisper,

apologies to offer

On bloodied knees if that would serve.

I’d open up my heart, let the contents spill out

The truths and lies,

the hopes and fears

Let them scatter across the ground

so we could sit down, sit next to each other

And sift through the remnants of what once was.

Turn the broken pieces over in our palms,

Examining them for the cracks,

the creases,

Finding the weaknesses

that allowed the fracture to occur.

Run tender fingers over the jagged edges while

time and distance heal the wounds.

I would hold your hands in mine, palm skyward

and trace your lifeline with my touch.

I’d remind you of the truths you already know.

Our past doesn't dictate

who and what we choose to become

And once forgiveness is offered,

Only love remains.

6 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

beautiful truth
yes

Steph said...

Amy this is beautiful. xo

*michelle said...

beautiful...sweet...gentle...and loving...xo

melissa said...

beautifully said...xo

amy gretchen said...

i loved this the first time and i love it still. beautiful words amy.

the photo is perfect.

Janice said...

This is beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...