So, yesterday was the 12th, which usually means a day of carrying my camera everywhere, and documenting my everyday life. Well, it's been a hell of a week, and I completely and totally forgot until about 3 pm. I'm going to still shoot my 12 on Monday, so i have the record for the whole year, but if I had remembered, these are the photos you would be viewing.
1. I woke up at 5:15 am, which is the norm these days. I feel like I have to get up that early to stay on top of my day.
2. Riley wore her favorite purple Tinkerbell shirt to preschool, accessorized by a lovely hot pink feather boa (thanks, Jolie). I convinced her to leave the boa in my car so it would 'safe and sound'.
3. Red and pink starbursts, a favorite of the Bugness these days. She calls them her 'sour treats'.
4. Mandarin oranges, one of my all-time favorite fruits is back in season, so I am all stocked up! They remind me of my sister and fun holidays in the Bay area.
5. I wore my Joy superhero necklace, which is one of my happiest things to wear.
6. My work calendar was crammed full of meetings, ending with a 3 hour conference call. I love my job, but three hours on the phone on a Friday afternoon is a bit much, in my opinion.
7. I drank Tazo Calm tea all day long, probably 4-5 cups of it and TONS of water. It's something I'm working on doing more consistently.
8. I have had a lingering headache for the past few days, so after work I took a loooooong hot bath and rubbed some peppermint oil on my neck.
9. I skipped my planned run in favor of relaxing and reading "Mere Christianity" and "Born to Run". I've read both in the past, but I really enjoy re-reading favorites now and again.
10. I usually schedule a massage at least once a month when Riley is with her Dad, and so I rounded out the evening with this lovely treat. It's may favorite way to be nice to myself.
11. Target run - stocking stuffers for both Riley and me....check.
12. I had a long, heartfelt talk with Jenica, that left me laughing, filled up, and so grateful for my amazing friendships. I can't think of a lovelier way to end the day.
.....................................................................................................................................
And on another note entirely....
Riley has been really into reading me stories lately. They are usually cute little jumbled up versions of some story we've read together, with some intrigue and perhaps a Disney themed conspiracy theory to twist you all up. She agreed to share one on video, so please enjoy her version of "Mama, I love you."
4 comments:
Love it Amy! Thanks for sharing your 12of12 even without the photos. Sounds like your weekend started off well.
What a fun video to have of Riley. I haven't videoed much lately and need to.
OMG, AMY!!!! That was the most darling video--she is such a little crack up! I can't wait for my girls to get to play with Riley. I just know they could do some serious damage--I mean have a ton of fun together! LOL! p.s. Went to Zumba again! Love, Storm
i love that you did this even though you didn't actually take the photos. perfect. glad the night ended with a friend.
Riley is awesome!
xoxo
So glad that Boa is a hit! Love these images!
xoxo
Post a Comment