Wednesday, November 3, 2010

From the "Feel Good File"

I have a special file on my computer where I keep things that make me feel especially good. It's my go-to place when I need a quick pick-me-up, a place to get a hit of what makes my life so wonderful. I dipped into this file today, and came up with this:


Dear Amy,


I've known you for a year. In some ways I feel like I've known you my whole life. In other ways, I feel like I learn something new about you everyday, and in that sense, our friendship feels so new. Not new, like I don't know you, just that it makes our friendship feel so fresh. You are one of the most dynamic people I know. No one should ever assume that they know what you're all about, all the way.
I think you're like the ocean. You're cool and beautiful and strong and powerful. You're constantly flowing with what comes your way. You make waves. You're not to be taken lightly.
For these reasons, and so many more, I love you entirely.
Love,
Me


This was a blog post that a very good friend of mine put up over a year ago. She's one of the few people I feel like I've known forever, and I love her more every single day that I know her. She's honest and smart and kind and bitchy and edgy and strong and wild and badass and perceptive and, well, quite simply...she's awesome. She's the friend who will go shopping with me for lipstick one minute and then challenge me to a full-out, fast and furious bicycle race the next.

Did I mention she's awesome?

I've said before that I collect good people and this girl...she's one of the best. I'm so grateful for her and for what she brings to my life. Love her. Completely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good people magnet!

amy gretchen said...

You are surrounded by amazing people. I second what hannah said...you attract good people and for good reason. You are an amazing person amy. My life is better because you are in it.

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...