Monday, November 15, 2010

Tiny little moments

You know those moments? Those precious, ordinary scraps of time that make a lasting impression on your heart? That remind you of how sweet your life is or show you that you already have everything you need?

I try to hold these moments close, cradled as carefully as if I were carrying a glass globe or a jar full of fireflies. They are the moments that fill me up, that offer rest and comfort when my soul is weary, my body is exhausted, and my mind is tired with the minutiae of being an adult.

This is one of my precious moments:
Photo by Jenica
Snuggled into the couch at the home of dear friends who have become family, a place where both my little one and I are absorbed into the cheerful, comfortable chaos. Little girls piled willy-nilly on my lap, their tiny arms wrapped around my neck and sweet little cheeks cuddled into my shoulders. My voice bringing to life the words someone else has written, while miniature voices murmur in wonder and awe, breathing small sighs of contentment as they contemplate a world of unicorns and rainbows.

(Thanks, Jenica, for capturing this moment.)

3 comments:

arabella said...

SO so sweet. I know just how those moments go. They do the soul so much good.

Shelley said...

Thanks for retelling the moment. I agree. Little Ones make life better.

about a fox said...

oh beyond precious-- what a gift to have it captured-- precious xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...