I love being at home, so an enforced "night-in" is just fine with me. My condo is small, and it's usually cluttered with the various 'stuff' that accompanies a three year old, but It's where I am the most comfortable and where I am the happiest.
Riley and I arrived home around 3:00 this afternoon, and we've been hanging out since. We've watched ELF, had a dance party, made chex mix, cleaned out the entry-way closet, made huge messes in other rooms doing 'art', ran some laundry, and read a stack of books. We also paid a visit to Beckie and Madi, our upstairs neighbors, and saw their pet rat Olive, and her six tiny babies (cute, but still sorta creepy). We wound the day up with a rousing game of Riley's version of memory and then it was bathtime, PJ's, and 'Ratatouille'.
Riley got up the courage to pet Olive, as long as Madi held her.The wind started in fiercely around 5:00 and the snow began not long after that. We won't be going anywhere anytime soon, but I don't mind. We're safe. We're happy. We have everything we need. For this-a home I love that gives us a safe, warm place to land-I am grateful.
6 comments:
some of my very favorite memories are of snow days in indiana. mom would make homemade hot chocolate and dad would take us out to sled or the best thing...tying sleds and toboggans to the back bumper and him pulling us on the county roads.
p.s. hey miss riley
Sounds like the perfect kind of snowed in day. I actually love a good snow storm in the comfort of my favorite place too.
So does it seem crazier than other storms?
Be safe! xo
This sounds awesome! As much as I don't miss the snow (esp not today...raking leaves in flip flops! yes please!!!) I am longing for a good snow in. Everyone is on board to hunker down tomorrow and pretend though, so it will do!
Glad the storm wasn't as bad as they hyped it to be!
Oh I don't miss the snow but those storms where you couldn't go anywhere...sometimes I do long for those. Stay warm, safe and cozy!
It sounds so wonderful and cozy! I love cocooning on a snow day.
Steph
xo
my daughter used to have a pet rat named oreo! stay warm. i'm thankful we are not buried under mounds of snow! i think lots of pie eating sounds about right. sending you sweet thanksgiving wishes!
xo
Post a Comment