Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grateful for my tribe

(Note: This post was supposed to go up yesterday, but apparently Blogger hates me. So you'll be getting two posts today.)

Having a tribe of women surround me (both physically and virtually) is a key element in living the best life I can. These women are my rocks, my mainstays, and I think of them as family.

They offer love, support and a safe place to land.
They listen to me, really hear me, and understand on a level that is straight from their hearts.
They push me to go further, go faster, and do my best, always encouraging me to push my limits to find what I have inside of me.
They laugh with me and often at me (it's ok, I do some pretty funny stuff).
They have stood with me in grief and held my hand in sorrow, then helped me pick up the pieces and move on.
They let me be exactly who I am, with all my strengths and my faults and my accomplishments and my mistakes, and they remind me that no matter what, I am enough.

My world is so much bigger, so much brighter, because of the friendships I have. For these women, for these relationships, for the moments of joy they bring to my life, I am grateful.

(I don't have pics of everyone I wanted to include here, but please know that there are many people who's photo *should* be here. I'm making it a goal to get photos of all my friends.)

4 comments:

kelly barton art + design said...

so many faces i love in here. happy
day girlie....hi miss riley

amy gretchen said...

a tribe is a very important piece of life and i'm so grateful that you are apart of mine. seriously what did i ever do without you.

i hope you look back at this post often and see how much you are loved.

love you. g

ps the last picture of us, when was that taken?

melissa said...

Ah yes, a tribe of supportive, amazing women is so.very.important! So glad to have you in my life...even if we live far away. xoxo

about a fox said...

I only just saw this and read all the way down from the top of your previous posts--- MAN, are you IN the place of feeling love and gratitude and happiness-- it radiates from you-- it really does. I LOVE knowing you have such strong support in your life from so many beautiful people. xoxo, E

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...