2009 has been a year of growth for me. 2008 was a year of acceptance, a year of picking up the pieces of a broken heart and shattered dreams. 2009 has been about taking those pieces and putting them back together into a new version of myself, into a better, stronger, happier version of myself. There have been so many shining moments, so many of those times that just take my breath away with the wonder and goodness and joy they contain, that I can't find just one or two that define the whole year.
For me, 2009 was about:
*Embracing the ups and downs of motherhood, and adoring the little girl at the center of it.
*Meeting two little guys who grabbed my heart with their tiny, identical fists.
*Finding many new friendships and deepening relationships with old ones.
*Growing creatively, and finding the words to keep telling the stories that are mine to tell.
*Pushing myself to my limits physically, again and again and again, and realizing how fantastic that feels.
*Seeing my hard work make a difference and add to something bigger than myself.
*Reveling in the love and support my wonderful family gives to me and my girl.
*Celebrating important milestones with friends who are always there.
*Figuring out what i believe and what matters most to me.
*Finding the motivation to push harder and dig deeper.
*Cracking open and allowing the light in.
*Learning when to take some space.
*Realizing that I have everything I need.
*Opening myself up to new possibilities.
*Knowing that I am complete and whole.
As the final minutes of 2009 tick away, i find myself overwhelmingly grateful for the amazing life I live, for every single part of it. For the ups and the downs, the good and the bad, the challenging times and the times that glide by, I am grateful. They've all come together to form a complicated and dynamic rhythm, and I'm happily twirling around and dancing to that song into the next new year.
Happy New Year!
3 comments:
What a gorgeous post Amy! One of my favourite memories of 2009 is seeing you across the dining hall at Squam and the ensuing squeals of glee.
Much love to you and your little one in the new year. I wish you the very best!
Stephanie :)
xo
it's been a damn fine year. so glad to have you in my life, wifey.
xoxo
I'm still working on the words to sum up 2009, you have done it so well. Peace and love (and a trip to NYC!) for you this year, woman! Love you!
the other Amy W.
Post a Comment