**Riley and I have been able to spend some time with four of my favorite people this week - my sister and her husband and my super-adorable twinner nephews. Oh, how I adore this family.
**I've felt a bit 'off' this summer, in terms of working towards the physical goals I have, but I seemed to have found my mojo again over the past couple of weeks. I love the feeling of being very tired, rather sore, but happy to be so because it means I have pushed past another barrier.
**To celebrate Riley's birthday, we had a little party for her in her daycare classroom. It is always so reassuring for me to see how loved and well-cared for she is there. I know that there are all kinds of horror stories about daycare out there, but I've been nothing but thrilled with her experiences. Being in daycare gives my daughter the social development that she needs at this age, and she learns so much from her peers and the dedicated teachers. I'm so grateful for everyone there.
**This past week, I had an experience that, while very difficult emotionally and mentally, turned out to be an opportunity to really stretch and grow. I walked away from it feeling stronger, more sure of myself and my decisions, and happy to be where I am at. These are the kinds of experiences that shape us into who we become, and while I am just fine to never repeat some of them, I'm truly grateful for them.**And since it's September 4th, which is my personal self-proclaimed holiday (read about it here), I'll end this post by saying how grateful I am for how far I have come, personally, in the past three years, and for who I am today. For the amazing family and friends who are there for me, no matter what, and for everything they've taught me on my way. Today, instead of throwing a party or indulging in some shopping or spa-time, I have chosen instead to be very mindful of the blessings I have... For life and love, for family and friends, for challenges and celebrations, for health and healing...Today, (and everyday) I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment